Three individuals have tested positive for the new China-born coronavirus in Georgia, increasing the total number of confirmed cases to 33.
Head of Tbilisi Infectious Disease Hospital Tengiz Tsertsvadze stated that all of the three - a man and two women - had contact with foreigners from the countries, which are currently the largest centres of the outbreak.
Tsertsvadze said these people were either in quarantine or self-isolation. However, they do not have anything in common with the previously infected 30 individuals.
Meanwhile earlier today medical director of Tbilisi Infectious Disease Hospital, Marina Ezugbaia said that the first individual who had tested positive for COVID-19 back on February 26 after returning from Iran, has been cured.
Based on the new webpage - www.stopcov.ge - aimed to inform the population of the spread of the COVID-19 and its prevention, there are 427 people in quarantine in Georgia.
To prevent the spread of the coronavirus Georgia has temporarily suspended flights with China, Iran, Italy and a number of other European countries. Travel has also been banned with the neighbouring Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey and Russia.