The Central Election Commission (CEC) has finished counting votes for the second round of the parliamentary elections in Georgia with the ruling Georgian Dream party winning all of the 17 majoritarian constituencies and the mayoral by-elections in Kutaisi.
The results are as follows:
- Beka Odisharia/Georgian Dream - 91.57%
- Shalva Shavgulidze/European Georgia - 8.43%
- Nodar Turdzeladze/Georgian Dream - 93.72%
- Elene Khoshtaria/European Georgia - 6.28%
- Davit Sergeenko/Georgian Dream - 89.92%
- Aleksandre Elisashvili/Citizens - 10.08%
- Kakha Kakhishvili/Georgian Dream - 92.15%
- Khatia Dekanoidze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 7.85%
- Sozar Subari/Georgian Dream - 88.68%
- Levan Khabeishvili/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 11.32%
- Giorgi Volski/Georgian Dream - 89.95%
- Zurab Japaridze/Girchi - 10.05%
- Mikheil Kavelashvili/Georgian Dream - 91.4%
- Shalva Natelashvili/Labour Party - 8.6%
- Levan Kobiashvili/Georgian Dream - 89.36%
- Nika Melia/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 10.64%
- Irakli Kadagishvili/Georgian Dream - 88.83%
- Giorgi Botkoveli/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 11.17%
- Shalva Kereselidze/Georgian Dream - 92.53%
- Tsezar Chocheli/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 7.47%
- Nino Latsabidze/Georgian Dream - 88.61%
- Davit Kirkitadze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 11.39%
- Zaal Dugladze/Georgian Dream - 91.72%
- Nato Chkheidze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 8.28%
- Bezhan Tsakadze/Georgian Dream - 91.94%
- Kakha Getsadze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 8.06%
- Zaza Lominadze/Georgian Dream - 91.92%
- Grigol Vashadze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 8.08%
- Irakli Chikovani/Georgian Dream - 93.88%
- Malkhaz Jalaghonia/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 6.12%
- Resan Kontselidze/Georgian Dream - 87.81%
- Levan Varshalomidze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 12.19%
- Anzor Bolkvadze/Georgian Dream - 88.19%
- Misha Bolkvadze/United National Movement/Strength in Unity - 11.81%
Meanwhile, the ruling party candidate Ioseb Khakhaleishvili has won in the mayoral by-elections in Kutaisi with 90.02% of votes, while the United National Movement/Strength in Unity candidate Grigol Shushania received 7.98% of votes.
Opposition politicians do not accept the CEC results claiming the CEC has falsified elections in favour of the ruling party. Photo: Nino Alavidze/Agenda.ge
The candidates of five opposition political parties who had qualified for the run-offs had unanimously declared their unwillingness to participate.
Claiming that the October 31 parliamentary elections were falsified they demand new elections be held under the new CEC leadership.
Despite their boycott, opposition continues to hold negotiations with the ruling party under the foreign ambassadors' mediation aimed to reach a consensus over the current political crisis.
However, while the opposition demands new parliamentary elections as their ultimate goal, the ruling party claims no repeat elections are on agenda.