57 fully vaccinated die in Georgia since March, accounting for 1% of COVID deaths

  • Deputy Head of the NCDC, Paata Imnadze, stated that if the vaccination rate in Georgia does not change, ‘we will not get rid of COVID-19,’ noting that ‘coronavirus will stay [in Georgia] forever.’ Photo: NCDC Georgia. 

Agenda.ge, 4 Nov 2021 - 14:57, Tbilisi,Georgia

Overall 57 fully vaccinated individuals have died from coronavirus in Georgia, totalling 1% of COVID-19 deaths, while the remaining 99% of people were unvaccinated, Deputy Head of the Georgian National Disease Control Center, Paata Imnadze, announced earlier today. 

Imnadze stated that the main cause of death of vaccinated people is age. 

A total of 53 people have died in the country in the last 24 hours, while, since the beginning of the pandemic, the toll stands at 10,238. 

The head of Georgia's National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), Amiran Gamkrelidze, announced the launch of an ‘aggressive communication campaign’ to increase the vaccination rate in the country. 

He also stated that various incentives will be introduced for vaccinated individuals, especially for those over 60 living in both rural and urban areas. 

Currently, 6,648 patients are undergoing treatment in hospitals as of today. 1,640 of 6648 patients are in critical condition. Photo: Nino Alavidze/Agenda.ge.

A total of 5,469 people died from coronavirus in Georgia, since the vaccination started, from March 15 to September, out of which 98.9% of people were unvaccinated. 

Based on the research, conducted by the NCDC, vaccination has 91.7% of protection against hospitalisation in the age group over 60, while for people in the age group of 18-59 years the vaccination is 95% effective.

A total of 72 fully vaccinated people underwent treatment in the intensive care unit as of today, Gamkrelidze reported.

Imnadze stated that if the vaccination rate in Georgia does not change, ‘we will not get rid of COVID-19,’ noting that ‘coronavirus will stay [in Georgia] forever.’ 

A total of 946,395 people are fully vaccinated in the country so far, amounting to 33.1% of the Georgian population; while only 3,469 individuals received a COVID-19 vaccine dose on November 3.

However, the Georgian government aims to vaccinate 30,000 people daily in order to reach its vaccination goal of 60% of the country’s population by the end of 2021. 

Currently, vaccination against COVID-19 in Georgia is available with the Pfizer, Sinopharm and Sinocav vaccines in all regions of the country. 

Back