The Georgian government has identified business sectors in the country which will benefit from a state subsidy which will cover 50% of the increased electricity fees that went into effect on January 1.
By the decision of the Georgian National Energy and Water Supply Regulatory Commission, the tariff of electricity for companies increased by 12 tetris, out of which 6 tetris will be covered by the government.
To benefit from the subsidy, businesses must fill in an application here from January 13 to January 27.
The subsidy will cover increased electricity fees for the following sectors:
- processing and canning of meat, poultry, fish, crustaceans and mollusks, fruits and vegetables
- manufacture of condiments and seasonings
- milk processing and production of dairy products
The production of the following items will also be subsidised:
- flour-cereal products
- starches, bread, biscuits, and cakes
- pasta, atria, couscous and similar goods
- oils and fats, margarine and similar edible fats
- dietary products
- ready-made foods for farm animals
- ready-made foods for pets