The new parliamentarian majority of Georgia has named Irakli Kobakhidze, Executive Secretary of the ruling Georgian Dream – Democratic Georgia (GDDG) party as their candidate for Parliament Speaker.
Today the GDDG political council held a meeting, followed by a meeting of the parliamentarian majority. After these meeting the party issued a statement naming their candidates for positions in Georgia’s new Parliament.
These candidates will be presented and either approved or dismissed at Parliament's first meeting, which will take place later in November. It is up to the President to decade the date of the first meeting but it must be no later than November 19.
Here are the GDDG candidates presented today:
- Parliament Speaker – Irakli Kobakhidze
- First Deputy Speaker – Tamar Chugoashvili
- Deputy Speaker – Giorgi Volski
- Deputy Speaker – Zviad Dzidziguri
- Deputy Speaker from Adjara – Ilia Nakashidze
- Leader of the parliamentarian majority – Archil Talakvadze
- Chairperson of Georgian Dream fraction – Mamuka Mdinaradze
- Deputy Chairperson of Georgian Dream fraction – Dimitry Samkharadze
Here are candidates nominated for various positions in Parliament Committees:
- Agrarian Issues Committee: Head – Otar Danelia; First Deputy – Gela Samkharauli; Deputy – Irakli Shiolashvili
- Education, Science and Culture Committee: Head – Mariam Jashi; First Deputy – Genadi Margvelashvili; Deputy – Guguli Magradze
- Environmental Protection and Natural Resources Committee: Head – Kakha Kuchava; First Deputy – Zaza Khutsishvili; Deputy – Endzela Machavariani
- Sector Economy and Economic Policy Committee: Head – Roman Kakulia; First Deputy – Giorgi Begadzei; Deputy – Revaz Arveladze
- Diaspora and Caucasus Issues Committee: Head – Zviad Kvachantiradze; First Deputy – Salome Zurabishvili; Deputy – Irakli Mezurnishvili
- Committee on European Integration: Head – Tamar Khulordava; First Deputy – Irina Pruidze; Deputy – Beka Natsvlishvili
- Defence and Security Committee: Head – Irakli Sesiashvili; First Deputy – Irakli Beraia; Deputy – Koba Kobaladze
- Legal Issues Committee: Head – Eka Beselia; First Deputy – Vano Zardiashvili; Deputy – Davit Matikashvili
- Regional Policy and Self - Government Committee: Head – Giorgi Liluashvili; First Deputy – Merab Kvaraia; Deputy – Koba Lursmanashvili
- Foreign Relations Committee: Head – Sopho Katzarava; First Deputy – Nino Goguadze; Deputy – Dimitri Tskitishvili
- Procedural Issues and Rules Committee: Head – Giorgi Kakhiani; First Deputy – Guram Machavariani; Deputy – Shalva Kiknavelidze
- Budget and Finance Committee: Head – Irakli Kovzanadze; First Deputy – Paata Kvizhinadze; Deputy – Irakli Beraia
- Healthcare and Social Issues Committee: Head – Akaki Zoidze; First Deputy – Dimitri Khundadze; Deputy – Levan Koberidze
GDDG has not yet decided its candidates for two committees:
- Human Rights and Civil Integration Committee
- Sports and Youth Affairs Committee
The party said internal consultations would continue regarding these candidates.