US to share 6 mln doses of Coronavirus vaccines with partner countries, including Georgia

  • On June 3, the Administration announced its framework for sharing at least 80 million U.S. vaccine doses globally by the end of June and the plan for the first 25 million doses. Photo: Erin Scott/Reuters.

Agenda.ge, 4 Jun 2021 - 14:07, Tbilisi,Georgia

The United States will share 6 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines to partner countries, including Georgia, President Biden’s administration reports.

Specifically, the US will share 75 per cent of vaccines through the Covax platform to the countries in need. For doses shared through Covax, the US will prioritise Latin America and the Caribbean, South and Southeast Asia and Africa. The rest 25 per cent of vaccines will be donated to the countries in need, those experiencing surges, immediate neighbours and other countries that have requested immediate US assistance”, reads an official statement of the President’s Administration.

On June 3, 2021 President’s Administration announced that US will share at least 80 million doses of vaccine globally by the end of June.

Back