In the first quarter (Q1) of 2018 the real growth rate of gross domestic product (GDP) amounts to 5.3 percent year-on-year (y/y) in Georgia, says the National Statistics Office of Georgia (Geostat).
In the reporting period the GDP deflator increased by 4.3 percent and the nominal GDP totalled 9.15 billion GEL.
In Q1 of 2018, the estimated real GDP growth, compared to the same period of the previous year, was registered in the following activities:
- Real Estate, Renting and Business activities (13.4 percent)
- Other Community, Social and Personal Service activities (13.4 percent)
- Mining and Quarrying (11.4 percent)
- Hotels and Restaurants (10.9 percent)
- Electricity, Gas and Water Supply (10 percent)
- Financial Intermediation (9.1 percent)
- Construction (8.7 percent)
- Manufacturing (6.6 percent)
- Education (5.2 percent)
- Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and personal and household goods (5.1 percent)
On the other hand a decrease occurred in:
- Processing of products by households (-3.0 percent)
- Agriculture, hunting and forestry; fishing (-2.2 percent)