Germany allocates €200 mln to Georgia for mobility, energy, infrastructure and biodiversity projects
Germany will allocate a €170 million loan and a €28.5 million grant to Georgia as part of an agreement signed today between the governments of Georgia and the Federal Republic of Germany.
In total Germany will allocate €200 million to Georgia which will be spent on the following projects:
- Sustainable Urban Mobility in Georgia - €102 million
- Open Programme Energy Efficiency in Georgia - €43.2 million
- Utility Infrastructure For Environment and Tourism - €30 million
- Biodiversity and Sustainable Local Development - Georgia - €18.5 million
- Energy Efficiency Measures and Approximation of EU Energy Efficiency Standards in Buildings - Phase II - €1.8 million
To date, within the financial and technical cooperation with Germany, more than €1 billion in funding in the form of grants, technical assistance and soft loans have been allocated for Georgia.