Election bloc consisted of six parties:
- Alliance of Patriots of Georgia
- Kakha Kukava - Free Georgia
- Freedom - Zviad Gamsakhurdia’s Way
- Political Movement of Armed Veterans and Patriots of Georgia
- New Christian - Democrats
Party in quotes
Davit Tarkhan-Mouravi, the leader of the Alliance of Patriots:
Russia has occupied 22 percent of Georgian territories. Ninety-eight years passed and we still couldn’t return Sokhumi and Tskhinvali. Is Russia still the occupying force or not? Ninety-eight years ago Turkey occupied 33 percent of our territories. I want to explain that Turkey is an occupying force in the same way as Russia is. Turkey is an enemy of the civilised world." (from the election video)
Vazha Otarashvili, #8 in the party list:
I don’t want Europe that will push me into the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah. Let Georgia be dashed to pieces before it becomes a country of gays and lesbians."
The Alliance of Patriots of Georgia is a center-right political party, founded in 2012, which aims to promote in society, as the party puts it, "moderate conservative ideology, Georgian spirit, culture and traditions”.
In the 2014 municipal elections, the party gained an aggregate vote nationwide of 4.6 percent, exceeding the four percent threshold required to qualify as a political party for government funding.
In June 2016, the party formed a bloc with five non-parliamentary opposition parties and movements.
Slogan: "A Single Heart – Brave and Worthy”
Top priorities of election platform:
- Georgian spirit
- Religion and church
- Overcoming poverty
- Annually 4,000 poor families will receive apartments;
- lowering interest loans;
- Establishing free municipal clinics and hospitals throughout the country;
- Four percent of the state budget will be spent on funding start-up businesses for 8,000 families annually;
- Lowering retirement age by five years;
- More appreciation of Georgian culture;
Proportional list, top 9:
- Irma Inashvili – General Secretary of the party;
- Ada Marshania – Political Secretary of the party for ideology issues;
- Nato Chkheidze – Member of the party;
- Giorgi Lomia - Political Secretary of the party for security issues;
- Gela Mikadze – Member of the party;
- Emzar Kvitsiani – Former military commander, former representative of Georgian president in Kodori Gorge, who was arrested for terrorism, armed rebel attempt and disobedience to central authorities. He left prison in 2015;
- Gocha Tevdoradze - former Member of Parliament, ex-Deputy Governor of the Imereti region in western Georgia, and currently Political Secretary of the Alliance of Patriots for administrative issues;
- Vazha Otarashvili - Former Deputy Chairman and currently a Member of the Georgian Union of Writers, as well as the Political Secretary of the Alliance of Patriots for cultural and educational issues;
- Pridon Injia – Minister of Communications in 1992-1998, Member of Parliament in 1999-2003; and
- Kakha Kukava - a Georgian politician, former member of Parliament of Georgia and a leader of Free Georgia Party.