Election bloc consisted of three parties:
- Movement State for People
- New Georgia
- New Rights
Paata Burchuladze, the leader of the election bloc:
I was raised in Tbilisi, unlike Bidzina Ivanishvili [ex-PM of Georgia, founder of Georgian Dream ruling party], and my way of demanding an answer is a bit different. […] In Tbilisi where I was raised, they don’t go to court. I follow the line that if he doesn’t apologise, he is guilty. May God forgive him." (answering local media's question on tense relations with Bidzina Ivanishvili)
I am anti-Bidzina."
Today 500,000 people are given social assistance. We have the plan – based on the budget as it is today – to provide this assistance to one million individuals. We will not stop them from receiving this assistance for four years, no matter where they are employed.”
State for People is an election bloc led by internationally known Georgian opera bass Paata Burchuladze. Burchuladze terminated his musical career and announced he was entering politics in May 2016. He formed an oppositional political movement State for People. Later three other parties announced they would make an election bloc with Burchuladze’s team. Ten days before the elections, one of these three parties left the bloc.
From the current members: New Georgia is a civil platform chaired by former ruling United National Movement (UNM) member Giorgi Vashadze, who was head of Georgia’s Civil Registry Agency in 2006-2010; and New Rights is a non-parliamentary opposition party.
The fourth member that left the bloc was Girchi, a political unity also composed of former members of the UNM.
Meanwhile the unification of State for People, New Georgia and Girchi under one election bloc was so unexpected and shocking for members of all these three forces that they all lost many members in the days following the bloc announcement.
Slogan: "Come to Elections! Do not miss the chance for your brighter future!"
Facebook page: Paata Burchuladze
Top priorities of election platform:
Platform not ready yet. The bloc is still working on it.
Proportional list, top 10:
- Paata Burchuladze – Globally known opera bass who terminated his musical career and went into politics in May 2016.
- Giorgi Vashadze – Head of Georgia’s Civil Registry Agency in 2006-2010, currently Member of Parliament elected on a party list of the United National Movement (UNM). He left the UNM in May 2016.
- David Jandieri – Deputy Justice Minister in 2012-2013, lawyer.
- Irakli Kipiani - Head of the Economic Reforms Team at Paata Burchuladze - Georgia Development Foundation;
- David Kiziria – Former UNM member, strategic development expert;
- Melor Tkeshelashvili – former Member of Parliament;
- Mamuka Katsitadze – Chair of the New Rights political party, former Member of Parliament.
- Giorgi Papava
- Gocha Tchelidze
- Levan Khabeishvili