Georgian judokas have triumphed at Tbilisi Grand Prix receiving five gold, three silver and six bronze medals at a competition hosted in the Georgian capital of Tbilisi.
The gold medals went to:
- Guram Tushishvili in the +100kg category;
- Tamaz Kirakozashvili in the -81kg category;
- Lasha Shavdatuashvili in the -73kg category;
- Vazha Margvelashvili in the -66kg category;
- Lukhumi Chkhvimiani in the -60kg category.
World Judo Masters winner Guram Tushishvili received a new title in his ever-growing career to send Georgian fans home happy during the last contest of the Tbilisi Grand Prix 2018. Photo from IJF webpage
The silver medals went to:
- Giorgi Papunashvili in the -90kg category;
- Phridoni Gigani in the -73kg category;
- Amiran Papinashvili in the -60kg category.
The Georgian public was proudly represented at the Tbilisi Grand Prix 2018. Photo from IJF webpage
The bronze medals went to:
- Levani Matiashvili in the +100kg category;
- Onise Saneblidze in the -100kg category;
- Nugzari Tatalashvili in the -81kg category;
- Mariam Chanturia in the -70kg category;
- Lasha Chaduneli and Temur Nozadze in the -60kg category.
Below you can watch Georgian Mariam Chanturia, 17, also called "teen wonder" fighting for a victory in the under 70kg category.
Georgia has hosted the competition for the fifth time uniting 302 judokas from 38 nations, including 39 Georgian judokas, 28 men and 11 women.
The prestigious competition organized by the International Judo Federation (IJF) kicked off on March 30 and closed on April 1.