The Georgian Interior Ministry has carried out special police activities to ensure public safety and the protection of law across the country today and yesterday.
36,330 people have been questioned in total, while 71 have been detained.
Those who have been detained are:
- 4 wanted by police for different crimes;
- 32 accused of criminal violations;
- 6 accused of illegally keeping-carrying firearms;
- 12 accused of illegally keeping-carrying drugs;
- 37 accused of administrative violations.
Moreover, police found various types of drugs, 50 firearms, 12 detonators and 2,278 riffle cartridges.
Georgian Interior Minister Giorgi Gakharia recently announced about several directions where his agency intends to implement major reforms to ensure public safety and react more rapidly to the challenges that the Georgian society faces nowadays.